- CAPITAL: Tirana
- POPULATION: 3.162.000
- ADDRESS WEB: Visit website
The Albanian Institute of Public Health (IPH) was founded on the basis of the Research Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology and Immune-biological Products (established in 1969). In 1995, it was transformed into the Institute of Public Health.
IPH basic functions include the following:
- IPH supports technically the Ministry of Health with information and advice.
- Researches and collects data on public health issues.
- Performs continuous public health education for healthcare professionals.
- Center of Laboratories of Expertise and Reference.
- Administers Vertical Prevention Programs delegated by MOH.
- Serves as a National Epidemiological Observatory.
National Focal Point: Dr. Genc BURAZERI
National Focal Point + Supervisor: Dr. Enver ROSI
Supervisor: Dr Eugena TOMINI
Fellow: Dr Rovena DAJA
- Ms. Ivana CAPO
- Dr. Elona KURETA
- Dr Alba MERDANI
- Dr. Dorina TOÇI