World Health Organization (2020) [online]
National University of Singapore (NUS) – Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases eAcademy
MediLabSecure off-line training on Preparedness & Response to the health emergency from Coronavirus Sars-Cov-2
The Istituto Superiore di Sanità, in coordination with the Pasteur Institute, has developed the training on “Preparedness and Response to the Health Emergency from novel Coronavirus SARS CoV-2”, which is available in English and French as an off-line self-education training downloadable package.
Also, training materials are available for trainers who are interested in organising training for health staff at national level.
The training is made of three Units:
1° UNIT: features of SARS CoV-2 emergency;
2° UNIT: surveillance, identification and management of suspects and cases;
3° UNIT: information for the health personnel on prevention, identification and control in clinical and community settings.
Each Unit can be accomplished in about two hours.
This training stems from the adaptation performed on the course developed by the ISS for Italian health care professionals and has some peculiar characteristics that determine its strong added value:
- Italy was hit much earlier than other countries and very hard by Covid-19 Pandemic, so the Italian experience and the measures put in place are reported in the training as case studies and lessons learned;
- The training material has been developed with the support of the experts in charge of the pandemic management in Italy who have tried to address the most critical aspects of this Pandemic;
- A wide range of authoritative international and regional institutional sources have been considered and related references have been reported in the training units when appropriate;
- Specific links related to the Countries involved in MediLabSecure have been provided in the webography and specific articles have been selected for reading;
- The Problem Based Learning method allows the participant to focus on his training gaps and to reflect on the situation in his own country;
- The topics and the methods adopted make the course suitable for all healthcare professionals regardless of the working sector and for other disciplines supporting the management of the epidemic at country level.
Starting from this week the Unit 1 of the training course will be available to the participants.
Please send your name, surname and e-mail in order to be registered.
See also the MediLabSecure webpage.